12 March 2011

Yet another 15mm blog.

Well I have been a huge fan of miniature gaming and RPGs for years. Recently, meaning in the last 12 months or so I have been playing and re-playing the Fallout series of video games and I remembered how much I loved playing Post-Apocalypse themed games over the years. Car Wars, Twilight2000 (the 1st edition),GammaWorld, Traveller; The New Era (IMHO the most coherent edition of Traveller in term of internal technological details. Though the current edition by Mongoose has a better character generation and task system akin to the original Little Black Books) and other games not listed but equally loved.

In recent years I have come to the conclusion that 15mm is the best compromise size of miniatures to support the the general genre of Science Fiction Gaming. As such I have advocated and financially (meaning bought) support manufacturers and retailers that have 15mm figures. A few years ago there where very few, but now there are multiple companies producing wonderful new product for my and your amusement.

I intend to show off here the bits I come up with, make, discover in the over all theme of Post Apocalyptic gaming in all its guises. Currently I am a fan of the Savage WorldsandWarhammer40k:RogueTrader (the 1st Edition) rule sets. Though I am constantly reading new rules all the time, Songs of Our Ancestors being one of the more recent set written for ZombieSmith's Quar miniatures (available both in 15mm and 28mm).

No comments:

Post a Comment